Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mimi

I think this will be my first and maybe last post about Mimi.

This is Mimi.

Around 1 year ago, we found Mimi in a box under the Kembara. Mum heard it mewing from inside the car. She took sympathy on it ( him) and brought it home. He was our first kitten after so many years.

This is Mimi playing with us upon his first night in our house.

So adorable isn't it?

Well... Mimi really brought a major change in our life. We had an extra pet, companion, someone to talk to, someone to love. Even my dad who doesn't fancy cats started stroking it once in a while.

Mimi was a really aggresive and hyper-active cat. It would grab your hand/leg/ any biting object available and start gnawing. Thanks to that we had many battle scars on our hands and legs. My mum used to nickname it ThunderCat as well, it runs so fast!

Mimi loves the sun as well!

Well... but as Mimi started growing up... he was bored with the confined space of the kitchen... he wanted to explore the outside world.. he meowed every single second for a chance to walk outside. We gave in. Things started to change then.

Mimi started fighting with other cats. He always loses. And we will be left with his wounds to treat. " Naughty Mimi!!" we would scold, but that would not stop him. There are times where he will be hurt so badly he need to wear a "bonnet"(Thats what I call it cause it does look like one) . But still we adore him.


Mimi was a stubborn and wild cat. He wouldn't listen and he wouldn't learn from his mistakes. He kept going out for fights and each time he comes back the wounds gets more serious. The latest wound was the most serious one. A chunk of meat came off his right front leg. He limped for 1 month. My mum couldnt take it anymore. It was a neverending cycle. He would get hurt, stay at home to treat the wounds, feel better, start meowing to go out, sneak out, then get hurt again.

Decision time.
1) Leave the cat in the wild and cruel world outside.
2) Give it the injection of eternal sleep.

I couldn't believe my ears when my mum mention this. I can't afford... I can't and won't decide.
Mum decided to give it a last chance.Yesterday we let him out... see wheter he comes back safely or not. After a few hours, he did. We were so happy.. he came back safe. But at night, he made his worst mistake. He fought a fight that will bring him his death.

This morning, I had to go for class. I couldn't be by his side on the last minute. I bid Mimi goodbye before I left. This was how he look when I last left him.

Now he's gone. When I came back from classes, I saw a small grave in front of my house. His basket is empty. All that's left of him now are just memories and photos.

I'm so sorry Mimi. This is the best for everyone. We really love you. It wasn't easy. I hope you are in a better place now. Please, rest in peace.

Can't stand the tears people... sorry... think I'll stop now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jia wei...i cried after reading this...
felt sorry to mimi..u n ur family...
i duno y it ended up like that..isnt there any other solutions..
sorry..i shudnt say so much now..cuz its no use ..
mimi..rest in peace.